Master SID “Information and Decision Systems”
Nowadays, data drives the world and organizations are moving into the information age. However, data is of great value only after it has been refined and analysed. Thus, a major challenge for these organizations is to transform their databases into an information system suitable for decision-making. In this perspective, the Master, SID “Information and Decision Systems”, disseminates essential knowledge about the generation, collection, and exploitation of data for efficient decision-making systems. It aims particularly to train senior managers with a solid base in the field of Business Intelligence.
Students will be able to acquire advanced knowledge and skills in the following areas:
– Fundamental aspects in computer science (algorithmic, databases)
– Data management and decision making (operational research, decision theory, data warehouses, data mining)
– Information systems engineering (information systems design, quality assessment of information systems)
– Methodology for managing and steering projects (strategy and governance of information systems, project management)
– Professionalisation (entrepreneurship, English)
Terms of Access :
Computer science or mathematics and computer science graduates with a Bachelor’s degree (Bac +3).
Career opportunities :
Career opportunities for students in this field include executive positions in the engineering of decision-making information systems and are mainly oriented towards:
– Consulting companies and design offices,
– Public and private companies and administrations,
– Public or private education.