Identification of the Research Laboratory
Institution: Amar Telidji University – Laghouat; Faculty of Technology; Electrical engineering department.
Title of the Laboratory: Study and development of Semiconductor and Dielectric Materials.
Lab acronym: LEDMaScD
Laboratory code: C1160500
Creation date of the Lab: N 42, 05/02/2001.
Director of the Lab: Pr. Seghier Tahar.
Address: Amar Telidji University BP 37 G Route de Guardaia 03000 – Laghouat – Algeria
Location: New research block, university pole 01
Scientific research and technological development objectives:
The main objective of our laboratory work is the study and characterization of materials, mainly dielectrics and semiconductors. A special effort is focused on the exploitation of these materials in the field of production,
energy distribution and storage.
The objectives are multiple and can be summarized in the following points:
Research training objectives:
Supervision of Magisters and Doctoral Students
Publication of scientific articles
Participation in scientific events
Collaboration with other research entities
Use of acquired knowledge
Contribution to the improvement of the scientific level
Promotion of national scientific research
Implementation of innovative processes
Technical support to national industry
Mastery and development of new technological processes
Mastery of materials development and characterization technologies
Make the most of existing technical resources
Make use of existing skills
Exploiting scientific results on an industrial scale
Objectives achieved (research, training, others):
- Realization of test benches for research and educational training for master students
- Participation in scientific events and publication of work
- Organization of conferences, study days and doctoral day
- Collaboration with other research laboratories
Objectives still to be achieved:
Launch of doctoral training for the year 2020-2021.
- Accompaniment of teacher doctors for their authorizations and doctors for their defenses.
- Signing of collaboration agreements with industrial companies and research entities.
- Supervise and encourage young master students in the research field.
- The laboratory has been restructured in accordance with the objectives set.
The research teams are:
Team 1: Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage
Team 2: Ferromagnetic and Insulating -Conductive Materials
Team 3: Behavior and Aging of Dielectric Insulators
Team 4: Dielectric Ceramics and Applications