CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION FOR UNIVERSITY HABILITATION
The university habilitation is intended for research teachers who hold a doctorate and wish to be involved in the supervision of doctoral theses. According to the decision N° 170 of February 20, 2018 specifying the modalities for applying the provisions related to university habilitation, to be able to apply for university accreditation, the applicant must meet the following minimum conditions :
1. He must have obtained, at least (1) year ago, a doctorate degree in science, a doctorate degree of a third cycle, foreign diploma admitted in equivalence,
2. Assistant professors in charge of lectures,
3. Full time senior assistant professors working at a higher education institution.
CONSTITUTION OF THE FILE
The file comprises the following document:
1- One (1) complete copy of the doctoral thesis, with an e-copy burnt on CD,
2- Height (08) copies of the habilitation document composed frome the below documents :
– The administrative part:
- Handwritten request addressed to the Rector of the university ;
- Declaration of honor ( download );
- birth certificate
- Detailed CV ;
- Recent work certificate;
- Certificates of professional career (confirmation and promotion decision and specific or higher position, etc.) ;
- Photocopy of diplomas (Baccalaureate, graduation, Magister, Doctorate, etc.);
– The pedagogical part:
- Teaching certificates (lectures, directed works, applied works),
- Framing the master’s notes (attaching the minutes of discussion or a certificate of all the post-doctorate compliments approved by the department head)
- A copy of the educational production justified by at least one handout approved by the scientific council of the faculty ;
– The scientific part:
- Synthesis of scientific work and results obtained after the thesis (10 to 15 pages),
- Summary of the thesis (10 to 15 pages),
- Scientific articles published after the doctorate in scientific journals recognized by a reading committee (at least one article),
- An international or national communication (attach a certificate of participation and a copy of the communication)
Note: The articles and scientific publications that make up the scientific part should be outside the work completed during the PhD.
– Other activities:
– Follow the administrative part:
– Follow the pedagogical part:
– Follow the scietific part:
NB : the candidate must respect the formal and regulatory aspect of the file ( download the file ).
UNIVERSITY AUTHORIZATION PROCEDURE
University accreditation is carried out by following the stages :
1- ADMISSIBILITY OF THE APPLICATION
- Submission of the application file must be made to the Vice-rector of Postgraduate Studies, University Accreditation and Scientific Research and Postgraduate Studies to examine administrative compliance and admissibility.
- If the application is in compliance, the Vice-rector shall forward it to the concerned faculty.
- In accordance with Executive Decree No. 98-254 of 17 August 1998 related to training in doctorate and post-graduate specialization and university qualification and the provisions of circular N°. 170 of 20 February 2018 specifying the modalities for the application of provisions related to university qualification, the study of the file is carried out in two phases by the scientific committee of the department and the scientific council of the faculty respectively.
2-DAPPOINTMENT OF EXPERTS
- If a favourable decision is issued by the Scientific Committee of the Department and the Scientific Council of the Faculty, the Scientific Council shall propose three experts (examiners), of senior ranks and specialized in the field to which the candidate belongs, to evaluate the case. At least one of the three experts must be of an institution other than the one to which the applicant belongs. The official designations of the three experts are confirmed by a decision signed by the rector of the university.
- The faculty send the candidate’s file to the designated experts to establish an assessment. The Experts’ assessments are confidential and must be submitted to the faculty and the vice rector within a period not exceeding the prescribed period.
3-APPOINTMENT OF HABILITATION JURY MEMBERS
- If the three experts’ opinions are favourable, the rector appoints the defense jury on the proposal of the scientific council of the faculty. The defense jury is composed of 3 to 6 members having senior ranks. One member of the jury must be from outside of the institution. The three (03) examiners who assessed the candidate’s work are considered guest members in the jury.
4-SUPPORT FOR UNIVERSITY AUTHORIZATION.
The candidate or applicant for the university habilitation shall give a presentation to the habilitation jury on all his scientific and pedagogical work. A discussion between the applicant and the jury is driving to confirm the candidate’s ability to design, direct, organize and coordinate research independently. After the defense, the jury deliberates behind closed doors and renders its final and irrevocable decision taken by a vote majority, but the president’s voice is decisive in the event of a tied vote.
AREAS OF AUTHORITY AT THE AMAR TELIDJI UNIVERSITY OF LAGHOUAT
Amar Télidji University of Laghouat is authorized to organize University Habilitation in the following 15 areas:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Computer science
- Biological sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Management Science
- Arabic language
- Social Sciences- Psychology
- Social Sciences- educational sciences
- Social Sciences- sociology
- Science Islamique
Regulatory provisions governing university accreditation
- Executive decree n ° 98-254 of August 17, 1998 relating to doctorate training, post-graduation and
- University accreditation Download
- Decision N° 170 of February 20, 2018 specifying the modalities for applying the provisions related to university habilitation Download
- Executive Decree No = 10-202 of September 09, 2010 modifying and completing Executive Decree No =: 98-254 of August 17, 1998 relating to doctoral training, post-graduation and University accreditation Download
- Order No. 521 of September 5, establishing the procedures for implementing the provisions relating to university accreditation. Download
- Circular n ° 3 of May 24, 2003 fixing the modalities of application of university accreditation Download
- Circular n ° 4 of March 26, 2005 setting the conditions for registration for university accreditation Download