Presentation of the faculty
The Faculty of Medicine is one of the 9 components of the University of Laghouat. Created in 2013, it is also one of three open medical schools in southern Algeria.
It offers a graduate training according to the classical system.
The launch of the training in medicine at the University «Amar TELIDJI» of Laghouat dates back to the academic year 2014/2015 after the meeting of all the conditions for its start up according to the required standards and measures. This made the dream of creating such a faculty since 2011 a concrete reality.
Indeed, the project to create a faculty of medicine at the University of Laghouat dates back to 2011, when the government decided to open three medical schools in the wilayas of Béchar, Laghouat and Ouargla, as part of the Algerian State’s strategy to bring medical science studies closer to the south of the country.
Overview of the faculty
The Faculty of Medicine of Amar TELIDJI University in Laghouat was created by Executive Decree No. 13-101 of 14 March 2013 amending and supplementing Executive Decree No. 01-270 of 18 September 2001 establishing the University of Laghouat.
At that time it became the seventh faculty at the Amar TELIDJI University in Laghouat. The teaching within this faculty began in the 2014/2015 academic year to register a first class of 79 new students in the Doctor of Medicine program of the wilayas of Laghouat, Djelfa and Ghardaïa.
The Faculty of Medicine currently includes: a department: the Department of Medicine, created in accordance with decree no. 1151 of 10/11/2015. It offers teaching in the Doctor of Medicine according to the classical training system
In 2016, to mark the importance of this scientific building and on the occasion of the thirtieth anniversary of the creation of the University of Laghouat, the Algerian Post issued a postage stamp bearing the name of the Faculty of Medicine of Laghouat.